Improve Driving Behavior!
Our GPS system provides your company with valuable information that will allow you to improve driver behavior. This has a direct result in saving your organization vehicle maintenance costs but more importantly, it improves the safety of your fleet through proper driving habits.
Driver safety is accomplished by changing the driver’s behavior in regards to the speed that they travel and how they drive the vehicle.
Essentially, our GPS unit captures the speed of the vehicle and its accelerometer captures the acceleration based events (Hard Acceleration / Hard Braking / Hard Left & Hard Right (i.e. hard cornering)) that occur throughout the driver’s day. The key alerts details are as follows:
- Speed – The unit reports in the speed as the vehicle is traveling down the road.
- Max Speed Alert – a maximum speed threshold can be set as desired. When this threshold is tripped, an email alert will be sent out. As an example: most companies set this one at 70 or 75mph depending on the area.
- Posted Speed – you can choose the amount over posted speed that you want to be alerted to, for example: + 10 mph over posted speed. The system will compare the speed readings it received from the unit to the roads posted speed and send out the alert when the threshold is tripped.
- Acceleration – The unit using the accelerometer to determine when the driver is either hitting the gas pedal or brake too hard, or is going fast/hard around a corner. These levels are preset at a level where normal driving does not trigger the event.
- Hard Acceleration – occurs when the driver hits the gas pedal too hard and can also occur when traveling UP a steep hill (i.e. if the driver is going up a steep hill, this can be normal)
- Hard Braking – under normal driving, this should not occur. The driver should be paying attention to the traffic flow and traffic lights. We’ll capture it they slam on the brakes.
- Hard Left & Hard Right – this is when the vehicle takes a corner fast.
The combination of these two Driver Behavior related alerts will allow you to improve the driving habits of your employees, and its direct effect on maintenance costs & fuel savings (i.e. less speeding = less fuel used) will improve your bottom line. The safety aspect is a bonus and hopefully reduces the chance of speeding tickets and fender benders.
Give us a call to learn more about our valuable business tools that are a part of our GPS system.