GPS Fleet Tracking System
If you operate a professional fleet, it’s essential to keep tabs on as many aspects of your operation as possible at all times. A solid GPS fleet tracking system is one of the most effective tools in any fleet owner’s arsenal, and Smart Fleet offers a wide range of services and hardware aimed at providing fleet owners with more control, higher productivity, and greater peace of mind when it comes to managing drivers and fleet vehicles.
Smart Fleet’s GPS fleet tracking system offers much more than just real-time monitoring of fleet vehicles. Fleet owners can customize their GPS fleet tracking system to provide customizable alerts, timed updates, vehicle maintenance alerts, and even generate reports.
Does Your Fleet Need a GPS Fleet Tracking System?
How many vehicles are in your fleet? How often do your drivers complete routes, and how far do their routes extend? What type of system do you have in place to address driver problems in real time? Can your drivers rely on your fleet supervisors to support them on the road? How does your organization handle insurance claims made against your drivers and their vehicles when accidents happen? These are all essential questions to ask; the right GPS fleet tracking system can help you address all of them.
A GPS fleet tracking system from Smart Fleet allows a fleet owner and fleet supervisors to track fleet vehicles in real time. Smart Fleet offers different levels of support and device customization so fleet owners can have the exact type of GPS fleet tracking system necessary to maintain operational efficiency, improve driver safety, and enhance customer experiences.
How Does Smart Fleet’s GPS Fleet Tracking System Work?
When you choose to install a GPS fleet tracking system, the system itself contains several moving parts. First are the satellites that surveille each tagged vehicle and transmit GPS data to fleet owners. Those fleet owners and their fleet supervisors use approved devices such as computer terminals, laptops, or even smartphones to access GPS satellite data. The Smart Fleet platform offers a variety of back-end services designed to enhance control over a fleet and help fleet owners make more informed decisions about their organizations.
The GPS fleet tracking system tags each of the devices installed into a fleet’s vehicles and creates a network that fleet owners may then intuitively supervise using a customizable set of tools, including alerts and real-time updates. Some of the features that the Smart Fleet GPS fleet tracking system offers include:
- Customizable alerts. Fleet owners can set the GPS fleet tracking system to notify them of vehicle speed thresholds, traffic alerts, vehicle maintenance issues, driver behaviors, idling time, and off-hour vehicle usage.
- More supervision and control. The Smart Fleet GPS fleet tracking system allows fleet owners to more easily supervise their drivers. This increases productivity and encourages drivers to remain on-task at all times.
- Timed update intervals. A fleet owner can customize a GPS fleet tracking system from Smart Fleet to send updates every one, two, or five minutes
- Asset tracking. In addition to GPS fleet tracking systems, asset tracking from Smart Fleet allows fleet owners to add another layer of security to the assets their vehicles transport. This level of protection can take a GPS fleet tracking system to the next level, offering additional security as well as peace of mind concerning the management of sensitive payloads.
- Report generation. The Smart Fleet GPS fleet tracking system allows fleet owners to easily generate reports about vehicle usage, mileage, speed, route efficiency, and various other metrics to help them make more informed business decisions and streamline their operations.
These are just a few of the benefits a fleet owner can enjoy by investing in Smart Fleet GPS fleet tracking system services. It’s essential for every fleet owner to carefully consider the benefits a robust GPS fleet tracking system can offer.
Why Choose Smart Fleet’s GPS Fleet Tracking System?
If your organization needs a GPS fleet tracking system backed by robust back-end support and a wide range of customization options, Smart Fleet is the top choice. The Smart Fleet GPS fleet tracking system includes expertly crafted hardware and precise software designed to give fleet owners unparalleled control over their fleet operations.
The right GPS fleet tracking system can not only increase fleet security and efficiency, but also improve customer relationships, help fleet owners reinvest in their enterprises with additional confidence, and streamline operations for increased productivity. Start thinking about the potential benefits of a professional GPS fleet tracking system for your organization and consider all the ways Smart Fleet allows you to customize the services that come with your GPS fleet tracking system.
About Smart Fleet
Smart Fleet is a leading provider of GPS tracking technology for fleet owners of all sizes. Our customizable platform provides fleet owners with an intuitive way to maintain complete control over their fleet vehicles, identify problems in real time using advanced monitoring technology, and access to a robust set of back-end support services including report generation and many additional options at different service levels.
Why Choose Smart Fleet for GPS Fleet Tracking?
Cofounders Andrew and Elizabeth Chermark built Smart Fleet in 2008 on a foundation of their combined experience in the fields of financial management and wireless communication. The Chermarks built Smart Fleet to fulfill a pressing need in the United States shipping industry: an intuitive way to track fleet vehicles, improve road safety, and manage fleets more efficiently. Thanks to the Chermarks’ experience in wireless management, vehicle use optimization, and maximizing productivity, they developed Smart Fleet into the robust and successful brand it is today.
Smart Fleet provides each client with the tools necessary to track their fleets more effectively, plan their routes more efficiently, and streamline their operations to make them more profitable. Today, Smart Fleet provides custom GPS fleet tracking services across 43 states and Canada.
Benefits of the Smart Fleet GPS Fleet Tracking System
Many GPS tracking service providers only offer limited back-end support or no support at all, selling customers GPS tracking hardware with little to no instruction as to how to get the most value out of it. Smart Fleet takes a different approach by providing a robust selection of hardware and services and guidance for using all these tools to maximum effect.
The Smart Fleet GPS Fleet Tracking System offers fleet owners the choice between hardwired GPS tracking devices and convenient plug and play systems with optional dashboard camera functionality. These tools are just one layer of the service provided by Smart Fleet.
Fleet owners can choose one of three levels of service for their organizations based on how much back-end support and customization they require. Each level of service comes with the same high-quality hardware and reliable software in an intuitive format, all backed by the support and guidance of the Smart Fleet team. Fleet owners can enjoy several valuable benefits by investing in a Smart Fleet GPS fleet tracking system:
- Real time GPS tracking. Smart Fleet hardware offers advanced positioning technology so fleet owners can track their fleet vehicles’ positions at any time from any approved device.
- Automatic report generation. The Smart Fleet system offers automatic report generation, providing fleet owners with useful data so they can make more informed decisions about their business operations and future investments.
- Customizable alerts. Fleet owners can set alerts at various thresholds. For example, it’s possible to tailor the system to send an alert whenever a driver enters or leaves certain geofenced areas or travels at certain speeds. Alerts can also notify fleet owners and fleet supervisors of idling time and drivers using their vehicles for unauthorized purposes.
- Video telematics. Video recording technology allows fleet owners to retain invaluable footage to handle insurance claims.
- Vehicle maintenance alerts. GPS fleet tracking devices from Smart Fleet connect to vehicle systems and can alert fleet supervisors of maintenance problems as soon as they appear.
- Instant Location. The Instant Locate command allows fleet owners to find a vehicle’s position almost instantly.
- Streamlined routes. Reports generated from the Smart Fleet system allow fleet owners to develop more efficient routes and lower their fueling costs.
- Improved customer experiences. Greater efficiency means streamlined operations and happier customers.
- Increased productivity. Insights gained from Smart Fleet report data can help fleet owners make data-driven decisions, and the vehicle monitoring hardware can increase driver accountability.
These are just a few of the reasons why Smart Fleet has become the leading choice among fleet owners in the US for robust and reliable systems for tracking their fleet vehicles. The Smart Fleet team has more than a decade of professional experience working with all types of fleets of various sizes and can help fleet owners streamline their processes with added confidence thanks to state-of-the-art GPS tracking technology. Contact our team at Smart Fleet today.